22.8.2014

YEAR OF SILENCE: Blue Workshop

This post concentrates on one of the best things happened to me during my absence from HeavyBeatsReality. It might also be the most creative happening in my life after moving away from childhood surroundings.

Last August I started my work experience in place called Sininen Verstas (=blue workshop). First five months I was in atelier Rotondo learning how to dye fabrics and use different kind of templates to create patterns. And then I was another five months in atelier Satroria learning to sew and do any kind of 3D creations with fabrics. Nothing has been as inspiring as this period in Sininen Verstas.

collaborating!

It feels impossible to show all the things I've done there, but I'll try to show my favourites.

We usually started our days with a random painting. It was a good starter before heading to the main things of the day. We had some light guidelines and then we used 10-30 minutes to paint something, usually mindflow. Here are some of my dry pastel favourites.



Painting fabrics with free technique and then sewing them as new covers. Now I can turn every boring notebook and file into more visually satisfying.


Most of the time in Rotondo we learned different kinds of batik dyeing techniques. All of the colours were self-combined from pigments, so the colours were unique.

because of use of sodium we needed masks
this T-shirt was originally simple gray, now it's better
Has anyone heard about art books? The form is simple and not surprising: it's art in a form of a book. In Finland it's not that know form of art. Luckily, in Sininen Verstas we visited many different kind of art exhibitions and one of them introduced art books so well we decided to make our own

My art book is heavily inspired by the movie Hellraiser, which I had seen just few days before doing this book.
cardboard, rubber and chicken wire
...and favourite ingredient: duct tape!
Encyclopaedia of Sadomasochism
with self-dyed fabric and heart that moves when you open the book

No wait. I want to separate these things I've made in two. Here you have seen things I'm very proud of, but probably won't be doing anymore in near future. Because of lack of inspiration or resources. I want to give a proper spotlight to the things I'd love to do even more. So the last Year of Silence post will be about three things I'm very passionate about and would like to do even more: jewelry, upgrading clothes and stencils.

4 kommenttia:

  1. Wow. Simply wow. These fabrics, colours and patterns look amazing. I especially love the last book with blue, white and black and your blue shirt. Can't wait to see other masterpieces you have made. Keep it going!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Oh, thank you so much! *.* I love greyscale so it was really educating to really use colours like this. :3

      Poista
  2. Toi paita on ihan mieletön, ihania kuvioita. Ja ihania töitä muutenkin kaikki, en olekaan nähnyt mitään noista ennen :>

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Oo, kiitos kiitos! Luulin että oon vilautella näitä kaikkia sulle jo kyllästymiseen asti. O_O Me tehtiin portfoliot Verstaalla, voisin näyttää sen sinulle joskus.

      Poista